Slider

Hands on Saturday

Saturday, February 27, 2010

This is my Barbara.  Barbara and I used to work together more than 10 several years ago.  Barbara is a really special friend and she's a great influence too.  Barbara loves to volunteer with Hands on Charlotte.  Today we volunteered for the February "Big Project".  We, (and 98 of our worker friends) did demo at a local elementary school so that they can build a new science lab.  Here are some pictures....
Barbara wanted me to remind everyone that she is dressed for hard work and that the camera adds 10 pounds. (Barbara really is a bombshell!)
Here are some more pictures of our morning...

 
Here's another view.  This picture actually shows Barbara taking a rare break by the wall.  

 
Check me out!  Am I working hard or hardly working? 

 
We had a great time.  It was hard work - I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow.  Actually, my shoulders are already sore.  But...it was for a good cause.  And it was great to spend time with my Barbara.  
Here are a couple of photos I took last night of my niece and nephew.  This is Laura. Check out those beautiful brown eyes...

 
Laura laughing...
 
Daniel
 
I sure do love those kids!  OK...now I really have to go clean my house.  Or take a nap.  Maybe a nap sounds better.  
Julie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan