Slider

Sheep Dog Trials #2

Sunday, November 14, 2010

There was so much happening at the Sheep Dog Trials/Dog Fest yesterday that I couldn't put it all into one post.  I would have loved to been able to go to the 2nd day of competition today but Sunday is generally a very busy day for me.

Here were some of the activities that were held at the Sheep Dog Trials:

Dog Agility
Flyball (my favorite!)
Frisbee demonstrations (dog)
Pumpkin Chunkin
Hayrides
Corn maze
Tractor club
Historic demonstrations
And of course, inflatable bouncey houses for the kids!

Here's a picture of me in front of the dog agility course:
Don't I look great?  I took a picture of Jenny in that same spot but I forgot to ask her for permission to post it.  Here are a few pictures of dogs on the agility course:
We even got to see my most favorite dog sport of all....Flyball!  My favorite thing about watching flyball is seeing how excited the dogs are to participate.  The owners literally have to hold them back at the starting line until it is their turn to run.
This picture is too small (and too far away) for you to really see them but can you see the dogs running through the flyball course?  Here is a better picture:
No, I didn't take this picture (I borrowed it), but I wanted you to get a feel for the speed and concentration that these dogs have. 
For those of you who know me....you know that I like cows!  At Rural Hill Farm they celebrate Scots-Irish history and in keeping with that tradition...they have Scottish Highland Cows.  Isn't this calf just the cutest? 
I didn't get a good picture of the Bull but he was AWESOME!  Check out the hair on this cow...
It was a wonderful day at Rural Hill Farm and I look forward to going again next year.  I will leave you with a picture that I took of a man who brought his Great Pyrenees.  It reminded me of the time I brought Sadie to the Sheep Dog Trials.  She kept barking at the sheep.  I informed her that her breed was supposed to guard sheep not bark at them!  
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never even heard of Flyball, but it looks so fun for the dogs! What a neat festival, I think we are going to have to check this out next year, I bet the kids would love it...after all, you did say the magic words...bouncy house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pic of you Julie, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan