I can't tell you how badly I needed a girls trip. Last week was a roller coaster on top of the roller coaster that I'm already on. The week started out well (Holiday!) and with us finally planning a family vacation that I never imagined might be a possibility ever again. Dad went into atrial fibrillation on Wednesday and there were moments I didn't know if we were heading to the ER or not. He is still in afib but the doctor put him back on some medication that will hopefully get that straightened out soon. After checking in with Mom and Dad on Friday, I felt comfortable to go on a super fun trip to Seneca, South Carolina with my friend Miranda. Miranda and I went to the same middle/high school but we really didn't know each other very well. We have connected on Instagram and Facebook of all places.
Miranda invited me to go with her to see Christian comedian John Crist. I'm not usually a big fan of comedians but I absolutely love John. I follow him on Instagram and love his videos. He is hilarious.
John Crist
There was a really funny opening act named Mike Goodwin. He told a joke that had me ugly crying from laughing so hysterically. I won't go into any of the details which were very important to the joke but the gist of it was him asking why we sometimes say that someone died doing what they love. He went on to say that when someone dies of a drug overdose, we never say..."She died doing........what she loved. She's probably in the big crackhouse in the sky". Now I realize that isn't funny just reading it out of context there but, I got so tickled. I'm also ashamed to say that when I read about a celebrity overdosing last night, I got tickled thinking..."He died doing what he loved". I know, I know...you had to be there. I must make it clear that I was not laughing at the celebrity dying...I was laughing at the absurdity of the joke.
Mike Goodwin
On Saturday, we decided to stop by Clemson University on the way home and take a campus tour. Clemson is a great school with such a beautiful campus. I didn't take many photos though...
We stopped at the beautiful city of Greenville, SC on the way home for lunch and then we were home.
Random photo time:
Friday before I left...
Obligatory photo of the giant peach water tower in Gaffney, SC. Even when I was a kid I always took photos of it when we drove by.
A picture of Balto lying on the couch last week. He looked like a T-Rex with his little feet posed like that.
Laura at church today.
There you have it. It is Sunday night and I'm not quite ready to face the week. This week will be very interesting....there is a Hurricane that is heading our way and we don't have any clue of what to expect yet. This will have a huge impact on whether or not my family can go on vacation this month. That and how Dad is doing.


















I'm glad you got to go on a trip with your friend Miranda. Heaven knows you need some me time where you can just let your hair down and not worry about anyone or anything. I hope your family vacation this month becomes a reality. Oh, and happy upcoming birthday! I don't remember if yours is the week before or the week after mine...just make sure it's a good one.
ReplyDelete