Looking at the pictures on my phone, I see that this was a pretty normal week. Monday, Scott cleaned up our yard after Hurricane Florence. Thankfully, this was all the clean up we needed. We don't take it for granted and are incredibly grateful that we were spared any damage. We are trying to play our small part in helping others that weren't so fortunate.
Blossom loves chocolate milk. She's never really had it but, she always tries to get the last drop out of my glass.
Daniel loves working with circuit boards.
Wednesday, something amazing happened. The kids were out of school for a Teacher Workday/(Jewish holiday) so my brother had taken the day off. When I walked over to visit Mom and Dad, Dad was standing outside of the garage. I asked him how he was doing. He said, "Great". He had a great day and had been all around town with Kevin and Daniel. He told me that even after being busy all day, he still felt great. He asked me to take his EKG. I took his EKG and for the first time since I bought it back in the spring, it said, "Normal" - his heart was in a normal sinus rhythm and he was not in Afib. AGAIN, HIS EKG WAS NORMAL!!!! He knew it might be because he felt the best he had in over a year.
Thursday, Mom had a regular checkup scheduled. She said, "I went there thinking I was doing really good and I found out that I'm not". Turns out....MY MOM IS IN AFIB! You can't make this stuff up! She said that she thought something was going on because when the nurse was taking her pulse she looked perplexed. So now my mom is on some new medicines to include a blood thinner. Praise the Lord, she didn't feel bad; she and Dad even went out to eat that night with Kevin and the kids.
Friday, Dad was still feeling great. He and Daniel are such buddies.
Today, Dad was feeling so well that he cut some grass.
He said he was feeling really good and he asked me to take another EKG.....Normal!!!! Mom asked me to take hers....It was all over the place.
Tonight, we went out to eat at a fish camp for supper. Mom, Daniel and I sat in the back seat.
Laura was with Shakira so she met us there.
Update on Rana:
She is having a great time in Syria! She is sending me lots of photos every day and she is having a blast.
When I told Scott that Mom was in Afib, he informed me that Wednesday night after I went to bed, he thought for sure he was going to have to go to the ER. I asked him why. He said, "Crushing chest pains". He told me that his chest was hurting for over 30 minutes. I told him he needed to go to the doctor and that he may have had a mild heart attack. He said, "It wasn't mild". He did call the Doctor on Friday, but they closed at noon. He is going to call on Monday and start the process of getting checked out. Today, he told me that this has happened about 3 times before but, it had been a while. Ugh.
There you have it. A few of the notable moments of my week. I hope you had a great one and are ready for fall to begin. It's hard to believe that it is fall already when the temperatures are still hovering around 90 here.














Whoa, Blossom, stay out of the chocolate milk! Chocolate is not good for dogs.
ReplyDeleteCould Daniel have a future as a computer geek?
Glad your Dad is doing so well, but that's scary about both your Mom and Scott. Hope everything works out.
You're still at 90 degrees? We dipped into the 40s overnight and it was still cold enough this morning for me to turn the heat on. Hello, Fall.