How can it be that we are at the end of another year? 2018 was a good year; it wasn't always easy but, it was a very good year. I think the highlight of my year was our family vacation. Honorable Mention: The super-fun girls' trip Miranda and I took to see John Crist.
I spent the last day of the year having lunch in Waxhaw with Christy and spending time visiting my Mom & Dad. I'm really enjoying the time off from work. I don't look forward to going back on Wednesday as I know there are going to be a lot of angry tenants who received big increases in their rent this month. I am so thankful that it will be a short week.
Blossom went to the Vet for her checkup. She's scared...
She listens to every sound outside of the exam room.
Her exam went well and she received a few shots. Don't tell Blossom but she has to go back in February to have her teeth cleaned.
Selfies with my BFF:
This picture below is of my Dad getting ready to call his brother, Skee (Henry). Uncle Skee is 95 year old and has a girlfriend named Doris. In this picture, Dad is explaining that he is going to tell Uncle Skee he heard that someone had given someone else a "ring" for Christmas. Well, that's exactly what he told him. He followed it by saying, "I haven't talked to anyone other than Zell lately". Zell is their youngest sister. That is my Dad; always trying to be funny. He said that Uncle Skee got very insistent that he did NOT have any intentions of ever getting married again and wondered who said that. You'd think after knowing my Dad for so long he'd know not to believe him.
Daniel is behind me playing "Hello Neighbor" on the iPad.
I ran the app "Top Nine" on my Instagram photos and found my year in review...
#1. Scott and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.
#2. Christy went with me to Traffic Court where I found out that due to "who I know" my ticket was dismissed.
#3. Dad was back on the tractor after another stay at the hospital.
#4. Laura on World Autism Day
#5. Dad made a little man out of Play-Doh
#6. I took a couple of painting classes
#7. After another stay at the hospital, Dad went to rehab for a week to help him get stronger. This picture was of my parents kissing goodbye for the night.
#8. Mom and Dad celebrated 60 years of marriage on Christmas Eve.
#9. Laura and Me.
The title of this post comes from Laura. One of the things she says very clearly is "Bye-Bye, See ya later". I'm not sure where she picked it up but, I have caught myself saying it to her. Today, her caretaker, Shakiria, brought her to Mom's house and came in for a visit. Laura, kept telling her very loudly, "BYE BYE. SEE YA LATER". Laura is all about routines and having Shakiria (Sacleana as Laura calls her) come in for a visit was out of her routine.
Happy New Year everyone.












Poor Blossom. I'll bet it's no fun picking up scary vibes at the vet. Love the selfies of you with Balto. I hadn't realized it before, but his head is as big as yours. There used to be a New Year's eve show on the French language Canadian TV channel called "Bye-Bye (fill in the year)". Bye-bye is not even French. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete