I took advantage of the warm and sunny weather yesterday to stake out a bluebird nest that is right outside of my window.
Here's one of the current residents. You may have to double-click the photo to actually see the bird. I sure could use a SLR camera....
My 2nd favorite author (Jane Austen is my favorite) has to be Max Lucado. I love his writing style AND it is no easy feat to keep the attention of my hyperactive brain. Last week, I decided to reread one of his books that I read several years ago called "Cure for the Common Life"
I had forgotten just how awesome this book is. All of my life I have tried so hard to hide my differences from everybody. I just wanted to be like everyone else. BUT, God "prepacked" me. He looked at my entire life, determined my assignment and gave me the tools to do the job. (I'm semi plagiarizing here.)
So basically, what I think of as being "weirdness", God calls uniqueness and he wants us to use our uniqueness to fulfill his purpose in our lives. You are very important (me too). "If you aren't you, we don't get you and the world misses out." Think about what ways you are unique.
This brings to mind a song by one of my favorite bands, The David Crowder Band. Here's the chorus to their song "Eveything Glorious":
You make everything glorious,
You make everything glorious,
You make everything glorious,
And I am Yours,
WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME?
No comments:
Post a Comment