Before you start to worry about my mental state, or before you start sending me hate comments, please note that I am writing this post for fun. I'm just hoping to bring a smile & some silly nonsense to your day. I love music and I listen to a lot of it. You will notice that there are no Country songs on this list. That is because I don't listen to Country music and have no plans to ever start. Please note that this list is not necessarily based on current songs....just songs that it seems everyone is supposed to like. You know, the songs that the "Dad Bands" play every week when you are eating outside of a restaurant. Those set lists can be so predictable that I like to try to guess which song they will play next.
Well, without further adieu...and in no particular order:
1. Unchained Melody. (Righteous Brothers) I'm pretty sure it makes me un-American, but this song makes me want to hurt myself every time I hear it.
Um, Gag.
2. Big Yellow Taxi. (Joni Mitchell) I'm part tree-hugger myself, but I hate this song. Clearly, I am in the minority since people keep remaking it with their own covers. I hate all of those as well.
3. Stairway to Heaven. (Led Zeppelin) Just thinking about this song make me want to stick my head in the oven.
4. Wonderful Christmastime. (Paul McCartney) I'm sure that most people think this song is a happy-fun Christmas song. It makes just annoys me and makes me mad.
5. Sexual Healing. (Marvin Gaye) I was a very small child when this song was on top of the charts. I didn't know what it meant but I knew I shouldn't be listening to it. And....the radio seemed to play it all of the time. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it.
6. Yeah. (Usher) This song is just stupid. I'm still waiting on Weird Al to put out a song called "No".
7. Hotel California. (The Eagles) Yes, I know you love this song; I don't.
8. Peter Frampton. His "talk-box" songs are never-ending. I'd like to beat that talk-box with a bat.
9. Burning Down the House. (The Talking Heads) This song makes me want to burn down my radio. Every. Time.
10. Piano Man. (Billy Joel) I've got nothing against Billy Joel. Well, I don't really have anything for Billy Joel either. I just really find this song tiresome.
I'm sure you are saying to yourself, "I wonder what song Julie hates the most". Well that song would be...
11. Imagine. (John Lennon) I'm having a hard time keeping from sticking my finger down my throat just thinking about this song. Unfortunately, like Big Yellow Taxi, this song keeps being remade.
There you have it. And...just because a song didn't make this list it doesn't mean that I don't hate it too.




Some of these I like, some I don't like, some I only vaguely remember and some I've never heard of. I'm just enjoying that provocative pic of Peter Frampton. LOL
ReplyDelete