Monday morning started off a little rough this week. Balto was so happy to see me after a long night of sleep that he busted my lip with his nose.
Things are going well. Rana arrived home safely from Syria tonight after visiting her mom for a month. We missed her dearly but we are so thankful she was able to spend time with her family. Kevin has had his hands full taking care of Laura, Daniel and helping me with Dad all month. I'm sure no one is more happy that she is home than he is! Here are a few pictures Rana sent me from her trip.
Since I am so behind, I missed posting on Father's Day. It was a really great day.
After Mom died, I went through her drawers looking to find things to just feel close to her. I found that Mom had a lot of really fun socks. I can't believe I never paid attention to this! I'm finding that wearing her socks is a fun way to feel a part of her with me. Here are 2 of my favorites so far....
Butterflies. Whenever I see butterflies now, I think of Mom.
Sheep. I wore these socks when I went to the Gynecologist of all places. My Dr and her assistant couldn't stop talking about how cute they were. They loved the idea of wearing Mom's socks to feel her with me.
I found so many cute socks in her drawer. I also plan on buying fun socks from now on as a fun tribute to Mom.
Mom's hydrangea has been blooming in all of the colors this year. I can't remember what color it was when we planted it but it is really showing off.
How cool is that?
Walking home after visiting Dad one afternoon, I found this lone mushroom. Is it just me or do you think a little gnome lives here?
If you read my blog at all, you know I have struggled with anxiety for my entire life. I have had my share of counselors and therapists both good and sort of good. I LOVE my current psychologist and plan on seeing her monthly until the end of time. Over the years I have developed a phobia of having my blood pressure taken. Dr K and I have decided to focus on EXPOSURE THERAPY to help me remain calm while I'm faced with the cuff. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous but I'm nervous just typing this. I want to throw that monitor out the window and close all of the blinds. The readings I get at home are usually excellent; it's the ones at the doctor's office that raise eyebrows. White coat syndrome is real. I'll update you on my journey and we can see if exposure therapy will work for me. I have my doubts.....
















No comments:
Post a Comment