Slider

Penguin

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scott & I ate lunch at Penguin on Saturday.  Penguin has been a Charlotte staple since 1954.  Gourmet magazine even named their burger the #1 burger in the nation and Guy Fieri stopped by for an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  Urbanspoon.com - Charlotte (which I am a big fan of) has named Penguin the #1 cheap restaurant in town. 
Of course, I just had to order the nation's #1 burger while Scott ordered his "usual" - a dixie chicken sandwich.  Good times were had by all both us.  My only complaint was that I didn't save room for banana pudding.  Penguin is a dive and you will see some very colorful characters but it is well worth the trip.  And... while you are there, see if you can spot where Guy Fieri spraypainted his face and autographed the wall. 

Now for some great news:  My sister-in-law and the kids are home from Damascus, Syria.  Welcome home Rana, Laura and Daniel!  Well, I say welcome home but Rana had been to visit her "home" in Damascus.  She has 2 homes now!  We are thankful that they had a wonderful trip and returned safely. 

It was a late night for all of us.  Due to severe thunderstorms, their flight out of Atlanta was delayed for several hours and didn't arrive until after midnight.  I crawled into my bed at 2:45 am.  

Rana brought me some really cool gifts that I will have to tell you about later.  And...I still need to show you my new rimless glasses!  So far...very few people have even noticed.  I bet everyone is thinking that I look a little weirder than normal but can't quite figure out why....

2 comments:

  1. Well, shoot, Julie. I thought for sure you were going to show us Guy Fieri's autograph. I'll have to watch for reruns of that episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you guys are all SO glad to have Rana & the kids home!
    You know, I have never been to the Penguin, but have been wanting to try it since I saw it on Diners, Dives & Drive-Inns!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan