Slider

Tuesday

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I know what you are thinking...you are thinking that is a great title for today's post.  Thank you for thinking that.  Warning: today's post is rather random.   

Saturday, mom and I ate at Rippington's - a restaurant in my hometown.  We were lucky enough to get a window table.  Naturally, I took a picture.
I'm not sure why it looks so dark...it was actually very bright where we were sitting.  Funny thing about a small town, while we were sitting there, we saw a friend of ours walk by with his new bride.  Congratulations Andrew.  (Like he even knows about this blog!)

Some of my favorite stories about my town came from my grandmother.  You can't really see it in this small picture, but a train track runs through the middle of the town.  My grandmother told me that during World War I, soldier trains used to come through the town.  Well, some people would stand along the tracks and watch the trains full of soldiers passing by.  While the trains were rolling very slowly through town, the soldiers would yell out their names so that the people (mostly girls) standing around could write them down and write letters to them off in battle.  Isn't that cool?

Finally, I'd like to ask anyone who may be reading this blog to please say a prayer for my good friends the Pattersons and their baby, Jay.  Baby Jay was born Sunday and has just been transferred to the Levine Children's Hospital where he is undergoing testing for rapid breathing.  My heart is heavy for this family and for their precious newborn boy.  I hope to add a "Good News" update in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for your friends the Pattersons & their new baby boy, how very frightening.

    Thanks for sharing that cute story about the soldiers. We grew up in a pretty cool town!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan