I'm starting this post at 3:20 a.m. I made the mistake of falling asleep on the couch earlier and now I'm wide awake. My pulsatile tinnitus is keeping me there.... I've done some research on my particular type of tinnitus and found that I need to have it checked out further. Pulsatile tinnitus is very rare and is almost always vascular related (not ear related which is the route I went). The good news is that it can usually be cured....surgically....once they figure out what the cause is. So, it is another lesson in a life long journey of learning to trust God. God made me and He is in control.
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11
OK so I have a few things to update you on:
The "baseball wedding" was beautiful. Oh my, was it hot! I'm not sure what the actual heat index was, but the temperature was 105. I was so surprised at how many people were at the wedding and, how dressed up everyone was despite the heat. The ceremony was perfect! There were so many people at the reception that the AC could not keep up....however, it was perfect too. They served "baseball related food"....BBQ, hotdogs etc. The food was fantastic but the cake was even better! Oh, I wish I had a piece right now. I can't tell you how good it was but I did take a picture:
After the minister (the Groom's son) pronounced the Bride and Groom "man and wife", the Groom turned to his Best Man (another son), who handed him a baseball hat that said "Boss". He put it on before they walked back down the aisle. The Bride, of course, stole it at the reception and put it on her head.
Item Number Two:
Our fence is in the process of being installed this week! I have inquired about a dog that I saw on Petfinder a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what it was about her but I felt drawn to her. Even though she was at a "high kill" shelter (their words), we couldn't bring her home. This past weekend she disappeared from the listing. I even prayed that she had not been killed. Today, she turned back up on Petfinder and is now at a foster home. I called the foster home to inquire but they have not returned my call. Before she was listed as a Saint Bernard Mix. Now she is listed as a Golden Retriever/Saint Bernard. We'll see if it is meant to be.....
Her name is Blossom.
Her listing says she is very mellow and laid back. It also says that she is very friendly and loves children. Her favorite pastimes are watching tv and giving kisses. Most importantly, Greta wants to know what she thinks about cats. :-) I'll keep you posted.



1. Surgery -- yuck! But if it will cure your whooshing ear, so be it.
ReplyDelete2. Baseball cake is gorgeous! Good enough for Cakewrecks' Sunday Sweets edition. (Why don't you send it to them?)
3. Hope you hear back from Blossom's foster family soon. But is she going to grow large enough for you?