Slider

So Long, 2017

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 has been a real year of change.  That's life.  In just a few short hours 2018 will arrive with all of its promise and uncertainty.  Welcome.  Our current situation is that I am sitting on the couch with Balto by my side and Scott is sitting in a chair with Blossom in his lap.  The celebratory fireworks have begun.  Unfortunately, I live less than a mile from South Carolina where pretty much any type of firework is legal.  I am not a fan, and the dogs are terrified of them to say the least.  

Balto is under the weather...

(The actual reaction to me asking, "Balto, do you want to go for a walk?"  I'm pretty sure he was thinking that if he didn't make eye contact I might go away & forget the walk. ) 



A little over four weeks ago, Balto began acting very strange.  He was lethargic and would not stop licking his lips.  He wouldn't come to eat although he still had a very large appetite...you just had to bring the food to him on the couch.  His lips became very inflamed and later crusted over.  The vet prescribed prednisone and antibiotics and within a day or two, he was back to himself.  Fast forward to this week, Balto became lethargic again and resumed licking his lips.  I took him to the vet yesterday and he had a fever of 103.  We will get the results of his bloodwork on Tuesday and will be advised on where to go from there.  It could be that he had a bad case of dermatitis (very common) and he didn't take enough antibiotics.  Or, he could have an auto-immune disease and a biopsy will confirm this.  I will post an update as soon as I know something.  






1 comment:

  1. First of all, a happy and healthy new year to you and yours. Second, I hope Balto's health issues prove to be quickly and easily resolved. Poor baby!

    My birds don't like fireworks, either. I live about a mile from the park where the city's official fireworks go off. They're usually done within half-an-hour, but that's half-an-hour too long as far as my birds are concerned.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan