Slider

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Saturday, December 22, 2018


Blossom and Balto went to the Groomer yesterday.  I tried to get their attention with food so that they would look at the camera...it didn't work.






Mom and I went to visit her sister, Ruby, (93) today.  Aunt Ruby lives in an Assisted Living Center.  Her mind is still sharp as a tack.  It is rather amazing to hear her speak about current events or scientific/medical issues.  She also can quote very long Bible verses at the drop of a hat.


I can't believe Christmas is here again.  I've really enjoyed the holiday season this year but, I just don't understand how the years seem to go by faster and faster.  It's like Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  If I didn't keep this blog, I'm pretty sure I'd forget most of it!  Mom and I have attended 2 really good Christmas programs at church this year.  I don't have a single picture of either one of them.  One involved eating homemade Chicken & Dumplings and singing Christmas Carols while decorating the church.  The other involved eating a yummy dessert while watching the choirs and orchestra perform.  Christmas sure brings out some delicious food!  

Last night, I dropped by Mom & Dad's house and found Daniel and Dad rough-housing.  I should add that it was "Pajama Day" at school so Daniel is wearing his pj's.  He told me that they all wore pajamas and watched "Because of Winn Dixie".  He said he liked the movie; I've never seen it.  I remember those fun days at school when so many children were absent that  they would just plan to show movies.  Most of the time it was Disney movies and we would watch them in the gym with the entire school.  






I got my hair dyed....again.  I'm getting tired of these visits every 5 weeks.  I am about 95 -100% gray now and part of me would love to grow it out.  I'm just now sure how people will treat me when I'm gray.  Is it smart business-wise to look younger?  If people treat me like I'm older, will I start to act older?  These are the things that scare me.  I love gray hair; I think it is beautiful.  Someday I will be a Silver Fox like so many other fearless and beautiful ladies out there.


Balto did what Balto does every night.  He owns his title of "World's Laziest Dog".


I hung out with Laura.









Laura sang a song which I will post under this post.  She was singing "Wheels on the Bus" like she does a lot, so I pulled out my phone and started recording.

Stay tuned for Christmas....








1 comment:

  1. The dogs look dapper after their visit to the groomer. I had to laugh at them looking off camera instead of at you. One of the doll displays at last weekend's meet-up had the dolls doing that, too. Frankly, I can't picture you all gray. Maybe it's because your hair always looks like a perfectly natural color. Some ladies color their hair blonde or red when it was never their natural shade--you can spot them coming a mile away. Color me a silver fox and proud of it.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan