Slider

The Week In Review/Balto's Big Day

Saturday, March 2, 2019

My week started off with an early Monday morning "Well Woman Visit" at the Gynecologist.  I'm so glad to have that over with for another year!  I love my Gynecologist; she is from Louisiana and the only person I've ever personally known with a genuine Cajun accent.  

I ordered Mom new shoes for her birthday.  After mulling over the two sizes for a very long time with no decision, I decided to order another size to throw in the mix which is now on the way. 



Later that night, I had supper with Daniel.  Here he is explaining how to make lemonade. 



Daniel only had one lemon to use for his drink.  He then informed me that he would like to set up a lemonade stand.  I told him that he is going to need a lot more lemons.  It was a fun week for Daniel.  The entire 3rd grade went on a field trip to Old Salem, NC.  They got to ride in fancy buses with televisions and bathrooms.  He told me that they watched Mary Poppins on the way back.  I asked him if he liked the movie.  He replied that it was "interesting".  

Mom is proudly displaying her birthday cards and the daffodils that she picked out of her yard.  



Wednesday, I made supper for my parents and brought it over to eat with them.  During the middle of dinner, one of the barn cats showed up at the door.  Mom was so excited that she jumped up and went to get food for the cat before sitting back down to finish eating with us.  Afterward, the other barn cat showed up.  



Saturday (today), Balto had his routine check up.  $427 later, Balto is fat w/ dermatitis.  Other than that (labs pending) he is doing great.  Unfortunately for Balto, he is going to have to cut back on food. He will not like that at all.  The large bill was for his checkup, several shots, heartworm meds, and 2 meds to help clear up his dermatitis.  

Balto HATES going to the vet.  He is the sweetest dog but his whole body shakes the entire time.  I'm happy to report that he is sleeping on the couch beside me as I type this post.  






It's only 10:00 a.m. but I think I'm going to take a nap.  Balto's vet visit has worn me out.  

1 comment:

  1. Apparently many dogs hate going to the vet. I watch The Amazing Dr. Pol on National Geographic Wild. He's a funny, gentle soul, but so many dogs start shaking the minute they enter the clinic. They seem to remember the people and places associated with shots. I hope your Mom finds a comfortable pair of shoes. Were they all the same style? Or different styles as well as sizes?

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan