Slider

Life Interrupted

Monday, March 16, 2020

I feel like I've been training my entire life for a Coronavirus.  I'm a well-known germaphobe.  Heck, my boss has been known to squirt ketchup on my plate for me so that I don't have to touch the bottle.  

I've been obsessively following this story ever since there were only a handful of patients in China.  I worried that it would make it to the US one day; I just thought we had many more months to plan.  My biggest concern is for my parents.  I keep waking up at night, worrying, trying to figure out how to protect  them.  The odds aren't good for those in their mid-eighties with congestive heart failure.  

My company has decided to implement a mandatory work from home policy effective immediately.   I have no idea what the next few months will look like and I'll admit, I'm afraid.  It comes in waves of anxiety and waves of strength.  I can't let myself drown in the panic although, at times, I feel that is what I'm doing.  This will be a time of great growth for all of us.  There will be many valuable lessons learned in the coming hard.  I remind myself that I am not alone, God will be with me through the peaks and the valleys.  

Papaw and Laura taking an afternoon nap together: 



Dad grabbed Mom and told me to take a picture of her smiling (He loves to give her a hard time!):


I've given Balto the new role of "therapy dog" for my parents:





Staying at home will have its perks.  I'm looking forward to finally getting to clean my house, start a consistent exercise program, and get more sleep!  Well, in full disclosure, it is 3:12 a.m. and I'm clearly not sleeping.  

1 comment:

  1. More and more businesses here are encouraging their employees to work from home. Students are going on extended Spring Break, ordered to finish their semester coursework online. Events are cancelled. And the supermarket shelves are as bare as if the Zombie Apocalypse were upon us. All this in a State with only 4 confirmed cases of COVID19. It took very little time for widespread panic to set in. Where is the voice of reason, I wonder? I do wish someone had clamped down on the shoppers who bought up all the toilet paper, though. Newspaper doesn't do a thorough job of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan