Disclaimer: My pictures are very dark. It was NOT that dark.
We started our day Sunday by visiting Shelburne Farms in Shelburne, VT. According to their website, it is "a 1,400 acre working farm and National Historic Landmark on the shores of Lake Champlain". The estate was created in 1886 by Dr. William Seward Webb and Eliza Osgood Vanderbilt Webb. Those of you who are familiar with the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina will recognize that Eliza was a member of the Vanderbilt family.
The home is actually an Inn that you can stay in. Here is a picture....TripAdvisor gets the credit for this photo.
We had brunch at the Inn and it was wonderful.
And, we're off to Stowe, Vermont
Smuggler's Notch, Vermont
Ski Gondolas. You can't see it in the picture but, they were a pretty red color.
The Von Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe. (Yes, the Sound of Music Von Trapp's)
Next stop: Ben & Jerry's Factory (Again, not that dark!).
Yes, we ate ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. I'm so boring, I had Chocolate in a waffle cone.
Next up: Part 3 - Seeing friends and heading home.....




































Shelburne Farms has some great walking trails, albeit a bit hilly. You can easily spend an entire day there. Would you believe I've never stopped at Ben & Jerry's? I didn't know about the flavor graveyard--what a hoot! Someone put a lot of thought into those verses. Smuggler's Notch is gorgeous but I'm not a fan of the winding road. Every year someone ignores the warnings and tries to drive an RV or a bus through there, causing a massive (for Vermont) traffic jam. I see you had a bit of fog at the ski area.
ReplyDelete