New Year's Day has come and gone and I'm back at work. School is still out so I am enjoying having lighter traffic for my commute.
Mom and I celebrated the first day of the year by going to Firebird's Wood Fired Grill for lunch.
Soon after we got back to Mom's house, Laura's caretaker, Becca, decided to turn around in their yard and she got stuck from all of the recent rain. Thankfully, it was 72 degrees yesterday because between my Dad, Scott & my brother, it took 3 hours to get her car out. Dad was going to try to pull it out with his lawn mower but there was no hitch on her car. After a while, Dad wore himself out and had to go lie down.
Scott came over and tried to use boards, blankets, mats, rocks, a jack, and a shovel. After a while, and a trip to Lowe's, he and Kevin finally got her out.
Becca and Laura making a heart.
We are so over the rain right now. We ended the year over 17 inches above average rainfall for our area. I'm not a fan of this rainy weather pattern; I like warm, sunny weather. Thankfully, the sun is on the way! I'm not sure what Laura thought about the whole event but she didn't get to go for her Tuesday pasta dinner after all. She kept saying, "Pasta? Pasta?"
I promised in an earlier post that I would share pictures of the gifts I bought Mom and Dad for their 60th anniversary.
This is a very large canvas print of "60 Reasons We Love You". Everyone got together and submitted some of the reasons we love Mom and Dad (and Nana & Papaw). Some were serious, others were funny. All were true. Now we just have to hang it!
I hope everyone had a very Happy New Year. Here's to 2019!












OMG, Becca's tires sank in as far as they could go, didn't they? Whatever possessed her to drive up on the lawn when the ground was still juicy? LOVE the mugs you gave your parents. You must have spent a small fortune having all those gifts custom printed. I'm so jealous of your 72 degree weather. Right now it's 16 degrees here. At least it's above zero. Happy 2019!
ReplyDelete